Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Windy Day at the Park

Okay, so I had heard about how windy the Tri Cities can be sometimes. I  have to admit, I thought "Oh, it can't be that bad! ". What is a little bit of wind?  I mean really,  I just moved here from a very rainy, sometimes blustery location not too long ago.  I thought I could handle a little bit of wind. 

On Monday we decided to do a little bit of exploring around here to see if we could find a nice park to take the kids to, maybe do a little bit of leaf peeping, skip some rocks, you know, do all those fun things that you remember doing as a child.  Those things that you would like your children to experience. 

When we first got to the Two Rivers Park that afternoon it was a beautiful Fall day.  It was a bit breezy but it helped to create a nice atmosphere.  The leaves were falling ever so gently from the trees and drifting on the breeze.  The kids were running and laughing just having a great time.  One of those Hallmark moments. 

We found a place to the skip some rocks and watch some ducks and geese on the water.  I started to notice that the wind was picking up a bit.  All of sudden it was blowing so hard that I thought I was going to blow right over.  It was one of those winds where, if you have long  hair you will know what I mean, it was a face wrapper wind! My hair was being blown so hard it was wrapping around my face so I couldn't see.  You could see the wind as it blew across the water, literally. There were huge ripples across the water as far as you could see. Not to mention the leaves were coming down from the trees in droves. They were actually pelting us as they came down.  It really was quite the experience! 

Of course, we couldn't leave until we had taken a picture of the kids enjoying themselves at the park.  After some obligatory moaning they settled themselves onto a makeshift bench and started posing.  After shooting off about 15 shots this was the best one of the bunch!  Does it look like to you that they were holding onto each other for dear life? Afraid they might blow away at any moment?  I love the expression on Kaitlyn's face, it screams "If I just smile she'll quit bugging us and we can get in the car where we will be safe."  I was also cracking up secretly to myself when I opened this image because it looks like she has her brother in a slight head lock. If you look at the girls' hair you can see it was pretty windy, thank goodness Kaitlyn had her hair back in a pony tail, otherwise there would have been no way to keep it off the top of Thomas' head!  Overall, I was pretty amused by this image.  I also have to share that there were geese sneaking up behind them as we were shooting the pictures.  I think they were secretly afraid that they were going to get their bums pinched at any second! Oh, the fun of a Kaiser family outing. 

No comments: