Tuesday, October 21, 2008

An Afternoon Walk


We took a late afternoon walk with the kids this past Sunday. It was a gorgeous afternoon here in Richland.  The air was crisp and cold...invigorating really.   Kailtyn had found this little street (above) with a park nearby on a recent bike ride she had taken and she was anxious for us to see it.  She really wanted me to see all the trees that were there and see them in all of their seasonal glory.  Of course she encouraged me to bring my camera along. I feel like the most lucky mom in the whole entire world.  My kids are always telling me about something they saw that they thought I would like, usually followed up with the phrase "Mom it would have made a great picture, I wish you could have been there!"  I truly value the times that we can spend together and I am so blessed that they understand my craving to take pictures and capture the beauty that I see around me.  I hope that I can teach them to value the beauty that is around us all the time.  I just want them to learn to take the time to slow down sometimes and enjoy the world and everything that surrounds them.  

No comments: