Monday, October 6, 2008

Sunset in Ritzville, WA



I have decided to switch over to using blogger.com for my blog entries rather than through my photography web page. I hope those of you who were reading my blog through my web page will be able to find me on here now! This is a much easier way, for me....who is internet challenged, to post my blog entries. Plus now I won't have to bug Kendall all of the time. I plan on keeping my web page so you can still visit that site if you like. You can also go there and read any of my old blog entries. (www.ktmphotos.com)

A week ago I took a little trip over to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I had the pleasure of meeting my uncle for a tasty lunch and time of catch up. In addition to a fun visit, I was able to pick up our beef for the whole entire year ~ home grown Montana beef ~ yummy!

As many of you know, Northern Idaho has a special place in my heart. I had planned to take my camera along (of course!) so that I could take some shots of Lake Coeur d'Alene, which is an incredibly beautiful lake I might add. I spent a couple of hours driving on some back roads and taking some shots. It was a much needed time to myself where I could try to get "into the zone" without the kids complaining about why we had "to stop again and take more pictures?" Much to my surprise, my favorite image of the day was not of the lake but occurred on my way home. About half way home I stopped for some gas and a coffee and the photo above is what I captured there on my little lay over. I was thinking about this image for the rest of my journey home....how you go out searching for something with a plan in mind, only to find what you were probably looking for all along came when you were least expecting it. You know, being in the right place at the right time but having no idea it was going to happen! Hope you enjoy this image as much as I did taking it! I plan on posting some more of the images that I took that day over the next week or so.


2 comments:

High Desert Living said...

Yup, life is like that - it is really nice to be open to whatever comes along. Makes life a lot more interesting! Great photo, too.

Erin Kaiser said...

Thanks Sue! It does make life more interesting.... ;)