Monday, October 6, 2008

Curious Snail ~ My Backyard Visitor


As we are getting used to living in a new environment I am always on the look out for new things to see. Perhaps some new vegetation or wildlife that I may come across.  A few weeks ago I did not have to go very far at all to find something new.  I was amazed to find this little guy on my back deck,  bright and early one morning.  You see, where I come from we have the shell- less variety of this kind of critter, i.e.  SLUGS! 

I was quite taken with this snail and his/her beautiful shell.  I was amazed at how intricate it is. This snail was quite fun to watch as it " booked "along our deck.  I was able to fire off a few shots.  I am sure if the backyard neighbors saw me out there stretched out on my belly with a big camera glued to my face I can be certain that I was the talk of the neighborhood that day!   Hope you enjoy seeing this little snail as much as I did.  Next I am hoping to get some shots of the quail that live in the tree on our corner! 

No comments: