Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Cabin in the Woods




Here is yet another image from my trip to Coeur d'Alene.  This was taken somewhere along Hwy 3, also called the White Pines Hwy. This highway does not follow along the lake but rather meanders back toward I-90.  It is a gorgeous little drive that goes basically from the town of Harrison, Idaho all the way back towards Wolf Lodge.

As I wound my way back towards I-90 on this road I came around a bend and this pretty little scene is what I saw off to my right.  Luckily, there was another little turn out that I could pull off onto so I could take a few shots. I was immediately struck by the gorgeous reflections of the trees and the cabin in the little lake. Overall it was quite a beautiful scene to see in person. I could hear the birds off in the distance calling to one another while the wind rustled through the grasses and trees. Quite magical really! I sure wish I could see this scene every day and watch as it changes with the changing seasons.   

No comments: