Saturday, November 1, 2008

COJ Waterfall


This is a little waterfall that I found on the grounds of our church. It is tucked away in a beautiful little prayer garden.  The water runs from up above the little falls from a coy pond and then makes its way down under a foot bridge then ultimately falling down to this area.  I had noticed about a week ago that the trees were really starting to drop their leaves and at the time, this little area had just a leaf or two floating in the water.  Yesterday, between breaks in the rain, I decided to venture over and see how things were progressing.  I was so excited to see all of the fall color that had accumulated during the week.  

My next goal was to experiment with leaving my shutter open for different lengths of time to see what worked the best for achieving the silky water look.  I have experimented with this technique a few times  but it is really a work in progress for me.  I plan on visiting this little water fall again as the seasons change to keep playing with getting that silky water look.  The image above was one of my favorites from yesterday. 

No comments: