Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cannon Beach



There are days that I miss living close to the coast. I think I took it for granted when we only lived about an hour and half to two hours away from the coast. I always knew in the back of mind it was always near by, waiting for a visit from us.  I remember loading the kids up on a whim and taking them over to the beach for the day.  Even now I remember the smell of the salt air and the feeling of the sand on our feet as we walked along the beach.  The water was freezing no matter what time of year it was but it was always a refreshing break. 

There is something magical about the Oregon Coast.  It is a wonder to behold.  It is a very rugged and wild place.  The intense energy of the waves crashing on the beach is palpable at times.  I have always loved to drive along the coast line and watch as the scenery changes.  At times you are driving through the forest only to emerge around a bend in the road and see the wide open expanse of the ocean.  It really is an awe inspiring sight.  

The picture above was taken at one of my favorite beaches to explore along the Oregon Coast. It is called Cannon Beach.  It is a very popular place to go but there is still a wildness about the land there. This particular day it was very foggy and overcast, which is common along the Oregon coast no matter what time of year it is.  We had taken a walk along the beach.  The tide had gone out revealing these rocks covered in seaweed.  I really liked the composition here of the smaller rocks in the foreground with the big huge rocks in the foggy background.  The fog can really add a mystical feeling to the beach.  The next time I go back here I will savor every moment of it! 

No comments: